Here is an easy recipe for Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots with garlic and tarragon, which makes for a very tasty side dish! Eat your veggies! Carrots were my favorite when I was growing up. I remember my dad cutting them up to steam (until they were mushy…every single time god bless him RIP Daddy-O!) and he would gladly let me snack on some while he was preparing for their ruin. (Ha he and I were fond of teasing each other) Roasting these with butter and brown sugar results in a side dish that is likely to make whatever you are serving alongside this even better. Tarragon is one of my favorite herbs, and it isn’t just for chicken! Every recipe for these carrots that I found don’t include a simple herb to pair with the sweetness of the sugar. Tisk. The brown sugar adds to the caramelization that happens when you roast these at a high temperature, and doesn’t necessarily make them too sweet. Ooh. I’m chomping some of these as I type this. Can’t stop.
Look at that caramelization! These are so sweet, savory, and addicting. You will get even the pickiest eaters to want seconds of these.
Mix everything up in a bowl. I used 3/4 of a 2 pound bag of baby carrots from Costco. Turns out to be a great way to use these up and still have some to snack on while you wait! Melt the butter, chop the garlic, add the brown sugar, and stir. EASY!
Parchment paper is your friend! Arrange these in a single layer on a large sheet pan and bake, stir, and bake a bit more. Done.
Song for the Prep: Fresh as a Daisy by Emitt Rhodes
I was late to the game in listening to this genius and now I can’t stop. I linked this song because it is just so uplifting and danceable. It is just as sweet as these carrots are!
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- March 13, 2022
- 30 min
- Print this
- 1.5 lbs baby carrots (or regular sized carrots chopped into 2-inch pieces and halved)
- 3 T butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 C brown sugar (I used light but it doesn't matter)
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp dried tarragon, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried or fresh parsley as garnish
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2
- Chop baby carrots in half. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Step 3
- Chop garlic and add to bowl, along with the brown sugar, tarragon, salt and pepper. Melt butter and pour over carrots.
- Step 4
- Mix well and working quickly (so butter doesn’t harden) arrange on a parchment paper covered sheet pan in a single layer.
- Step 5
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven to stir.
- Step 6
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Step 7
- Stir and serve with sprinkled parsley on top.