The best way to use up some leftover Smoked Salmon Dill Dip (click for recipe) is to plop some in an egg scramble! I bet you will be tripling the batch to make sure you have enough leftover just to make this amazing brunch dish! I love a scramble with cream cheese, and the smoked salmon really takes that idea out to gourmet land for sure. Sometimes the most simple recipes are the best ones, right? This is a great low carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly meal that is rich enough to serve for dinner – and who doesn’t love that? As long as you’ve made the dip this can be made in less than 15 minutes, including prep time. I like to add yellow, orange, or red peppers to add a vegetable to the meal. It adds a great color balance if you want to make a sweet presentation, plus the addition of peppers add some much needed sweetness to handle the richness of the smoked salmon and cream cheese.
The secret to this scramble is to cook it slow and low so all of the flavors meld together and the eggs will get creamy. I like to stir them just after they’ve set in the pan, let them continue to cook, and then give them a random stir. First things first though, start by sautéing your chopped peppers in some butter. Once they soften add the eggs, and finally add dollops of the cream cheese. Could not be easier!
Song for the Prep: Somedays by Tess Parks
One of my favorite songs by this female artist who I have been addicted to lately. She’s like a whispery, raspy voiced Hope Sandoval.
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Scramble
- December 19, 2021
- 15 min
- Print this
- 1.5 T butter
- 1/2 yellow, orange, or red pepper chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C smoked salmon dill dip
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives and/or parsley for garnish
- Step 1
- In a non-stick pan, melt 1 T of the butter over medium low heat.
- Step 2
- Add peppers along with a dash of salt and pepper and cook until they are soft.
- Step 3
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk briskly, or even better use an immersion blender with a whisk attachment.
- Step 4
- Add remaining .5T butter to the pan and pour the whisked eggs over peppers. Let the eggs form a solid base before moving them around (don’t really stir them just move them around every minute or two).
- Step 5
- Add some more salt and pepper.
- Step 6
- When the eggs start to solidify, but before they are done, add dollops of the salmon cream cheese dip. Move them around until the dip melts.
- Step 7
- Serve immediately with chives and/or parsley as garnish.