I just made a BBQ sauce that is the sauciest of the sauciest, and has a little bit of everything in there that should be: a little sweet, a little spicy, and enough zing to rest on your tongue after each bite without interfering with the tang! I researched a bunch of BBQ sauce recipes and I’m not interested in anyone else’s recipe than my own – bragging rights right here~ so if you make this and DON’T like it you have Covid and can’t taste anything. I’m that serious you guys! See separate post for the BBQ Sauce – click here)And man if this isn’t an easy dinner once you have the chicken and the sauce ready to go. The leftovers are good straight out of the fridge when you have that late night craving and are feeling lazy. The next day pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds and you are reeling in the memories of how they tasted, fresh right out of the oven. I am all about stuffing stuff into some stuff right now, so join in my fun frenzy of what to do with leftover rotisserie chicken if you have some! This is a great way to use it up and make it better than it was to begin with.
Dang right I put bacon bits on top of some of these babies before they went in the cooker. The smell that will ooze out of your oven will be heavenly, sweet, and ultimately yummy. I love it when my kitchen smells delicious.
Pretty easy…dump all of the ingredients into a bowl, stir it up, and simmer for about 15 minutes. This can be made ahead of time so that when dinner time comes, you are ready to go!
I had some leftover rotisserie chicken and just pulled it apart before I poured the warm BBQ sauce on it.
There is no way anyone can resist sneaking tastes at this point. OMG. YUMZ. I popped this in the fridge and went on with the rest of my day until it was ready to stuff some more stuff!
Song for the Prep: Night Boat by Duran Duran
This video is ridiculous but I love this song…and this entire album. Listen to this while you stuff your zucchini boats but don’t cut your finger because you won’t want to take your eyes off of this video. Ahhh the 80s.
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- October 19, 2021
- 1 hr
- Print this
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and pulled apart
- 3 zucchinis (yellow and or green)
- 1 C BBQ sauce
- 1 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2
- Wash zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise (keeping the stem in tact), and scoop out the seeds. Make sure not to scoop out too much as you want them to remain sturdy for the filling.
- Step 3
- Mix 3/4 C BBQ sauce with the pulled chicken – save 1/4 C for drizzling.
- Step 4
- Place zucchini boats in a 9 x 13 inch Pyrex dish and fill with the pulled BBQ chicken.
- Step 5
- Top with shredded mozzarella, drizzle with remaining BBQ Sauce.
- Step 6
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.