These cute little Greek Egg Muffins are easy nibbles for a busy morning, or to feed a bunch of starving brunch guests after you’ve partied the night before! I just wish that was an option but since it is now Covid Delta variant season…no late night slumber parties and hungover breakfasts…I did not say brekky. No one should say brekky it is so annoying, but who cares let’s get into how to make these. You just cut up whatever veggies you want, put them in avocado oil sprayed silicone muffin molds, and top with eggs that you whisked into a crazy frenzy. That’s IT …if you don’t have silicone muffin molds you can use a plain old muffin tin. Same diff!
I just think these are so cute, don’t you? And they are stuffed with such interesting flavors with kalamata olives, yellow pepper, feta cheese, heirloom tomatoes, tarragon, and chives. YUM!
Coat the inside of your silicone muffin molds or muffin tin, then add chopped tomatoes, kalamata olives, and yellow peppers. These are so healthy!
Yes I love to add a lot of feta in these, but make sure to leave room for the eggs!! I also dropped chopped chives and tarragon…way flave!
Carefully ladle the whisked eggs into each cup or you will end up with a destroyed sheet pan. Plop in the oven for 20 minutes, or until they don’t jiggle. I’m eating one while I type out this recipe for you…
Song for the Prep: Herringbone Tween by Dean and Britta
This groovy swagger of a song will put you in the mood to ease into your day and get brekky going. Just kidding… it’s called BREAKFAST people…same amount of syllables. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had this song on repeat…and I’m betting you will too.
Greek Egg Muffins
- August 27, 2021
- 45 min
- Print this
- 10 eggs, cracked and whisked
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 C kalamata olives, chopped
- 3/4 C feta, crumbled
- 1 1/2 T fresh tarragon, chopped (use less if dried)
- 1 1/2 T fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Spray silicone muffin molds with non-stick avocado spray (or whatever you use…don’t skip this or you will never get the molds clean)
- Step 2
- Plop veggies in the bottom of each mold until it is about 1/3 full, add feta and chopped herbs, top with whisked eggs and bake for 20 minutes or until they don’t jiggle much. If you see a bit of liquid it’s from the veggies, you don’t want to see too much liquid though. They will continue to cook once out of the oven. Let cool, carefully pop them out of the molds and serve with some fa,t smoked bacon!