My Gourmet Honey Mustard Dressing tastes good on so many lovely salads, and this Honey Mustard Garlic Salmon Salad kicked it so hard. This is one salad that has all of the flavors I adore, not to mention that it is healthy af! The salmon is glazed with honey and a few pinches of cayenne pepper, which then honestly screams for that dressing. I’m so sad that it’s all gone! The salmon took me 15 minutes to complete, and while it was cooking I assembled the salad. VERY easy meal to prepare if you have the dressing made ahead of time.
This salad was loaded up with mini peppers, English cucumbers, plum tomatoes, and avocado! Every part of this was so amazingly flavorful, and yes I like a lot of dressing but you don’t need it. My salads can be soupy and a day old and I’ll still love them. Please don’t be like me.
I got the salmon already cut into what they call “BBQ Cut” filets. Thank you Trader Joe’s! In a hot cast iron skillet coated with olive oil, drop the salmon filets skin side down. Cook for a minute, flip and repeat. Then flip them back over and pour the honey sauce on them. Cook until they are ALMOST done, then take off the burner and cover for 4-5 minutes. This lets the salmon finish doing it’s magic without overcooking it.
That is IT! They are ready to be placed on a salad drizzled with dressing. I mean, you could just eat the salmon this way and skip the greens and it would be a heavily satisfying deal. So good!
Song for the Prep: Roller Coaster By the Sea by Modern Lovers
This recipe will cheer up your tastebuds just like a roller coaster ride by the sea!
Honey Mustard Garlic Salmon Salad
- May 25, 2021
- 15 min
- Print this
- 1 lb salmon filets, BBQ cut
- 1/2 lemon, sliced thinly
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T honey
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 bag spring greens
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 big handful cherry or plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, halved and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Mix together the honey, water, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Step 2
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Place salmon filets, skin side down, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Cook for 1 minute, flip over and cook for 1 more minute.
- Step 3
- Flip salmon back over, skin side down, and pour honey mixture into the pan. Add sliced lemons around the circumference of the pan. Let the sauce cook with the fish until it is almost done. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 4-5 minutes to finish cooking.
- Step 4
- Place salmon filets on top of prepared salads.