These quick, tasty little Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mini Pepper nibblers are so fun to break out as an appetizer! They are filled with 3 different types of cheese, bacon, scallions, and herbs! What’s not to love? Make them ahead of time and pop them in the oven to finish baking for a quick treat when you are entertaining guests! They are great cold too, after they bake just pop them in a plastic container and bring to your next picnic!
The Balsamic Reduction and chopped, flat leaf parsley adds the final, sweet touch to these and adds another level of tangy flavors to go with the saltiness of the cheese and bacon. Peppers are sweet enough on their own. Did I mention how easy these are? You can prep the cheesy stuffing ahead of time, as well as the Balsamic Reduction, which is good on so many different dishes such as Caprese salads, pasta, chicken, and anything you can think of that needs a little zing!
First things first. Balsamic Reduction, freshly made, is one of the easiest things in the world. All you need is some balsamic vinegar, and optional brown sugar. Once reduced, it will be safe sitting on your counter, covered, for up to a week for any of your dining pleasures. It really does add some zing to these appetizers!
Don’t buy the pre-made stuff, I looked at the ingredients and they usually contain sulfites. This stuff reduces in 20 minutes, and if you add some brown sugar it takes even less time to reduce down on your stovetop. If you want to keep it keto, use Truvia Brown Sugar Blend instead!
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, after the cream cheese has had a chance to soften, and get ready to stuff these things. Did I mention that you can make this ahead of time too? Easy.
Wash the mini peppers, chop in half, core the inside seeds (I just use my thumb), and place in a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 5 minutes, stuff with the cheese mixture, and pop back in the oven for 10 more minutes when you are ready to serve them. I top them with a little extra grated cheddar right before they hit the oven.
Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mini Peppers with Balsamic Glaze
- April 27, 2021
- 30 min
- Print this
- Balsamic Glaze
- 1/2 C Balsamic vinegar
- 2 T dark brown sugar
- Cheesy Bacon Mix
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 5 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 C white cheddar cheese, grated + 1/4 cup for topping
- 1/2 C blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 T green onions, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- 1 T dried basil
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped fine for topping (optional)
- Step 1
- Balsamic Reduction – Heat balsamic vinegar (and optional brown sugar if using) over medium heat until bubbling and slightly boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the vinegar has reduced by half. If using brown sugar this will take less time. Pour into a glass container once cooled.
- Step 2
- Stuffed Peppers – Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash mini peppers, slice in half lengthwise, and scoop out seeds/core. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes. Let cool a bit before stuffing with cheese mixture. Place cream cheese, bacon, green onions, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, herbs, and Worcester sauce in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Step 3
- Stuff peppers with cheese mix, top with remaining shredded cheddar cheese, and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Step 4
- Serve topped with chopped parsley and balsamic glaze.
Song for the Prep: Stupid Party by Surfbort