This dang Sausage Frittata has so many vegetables and goodies in it that your brunch guests will be totally satisfied, and don’t be surprised if they sneak some leftovers home in their purse! Man, and the leftovers made for some quick and hearty meals too. This was probably one of the best frittatas that I have come up with so far. I have a friend who makes the most delicious frittatas, and her secret is LOTS OF SAUSAGE! So guess what I did? Yep. Honestly I could have added a ton more. So don’t skimp on the meat. Another crucial step is adding heavy whipping cream to the eggs, and whip the hell out of them. Here’s the deal: for every 6 eggs add 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream. Write that down in your brain and your frittatas will never fail to amaze. Not to mention a bunch of herbs to compliment the flavors of the vegetables.
I squeezed the Italian sausage meat out of the links, cooked it in my Lodge cast iron pan until it was almost done, and then added the peppers, garlic, and spices.
Another trick that always works is to add your green vegetables LAST. They tend to cook very quickly and you will mush out the vitamins and nutrients if you overcook.
Scoop everything into a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish (I love my Pyrex with a LID for easy leftover storage!) and arrange evenly.
Using a hand blender with a whisk attachment, whip the eggs with heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper, and pour over the base of the frittata. If you don’t have a hand blender, you can simply use a whisk. I just like to beat the hell out of it.
Then I top it with grated Parmesan and Cheddar cheese with chopped flat leaf Italian parsley. It really does make for a good looking egg bake, if you ask me.
Sausage and Veggie Frittata
- April 18, 2021
- 1 hr 15 min
- Print this
- 4 Sweet Italian Sausage Links (1 lb)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 8 mini peppers, or 1 bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T dried basil
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 T Herbs de Provence
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2
- Squeeze sausage meat from the links (if you don’t have plain ground sausage). Cook over medium heat and break into bite size pieces as it cooks.
- Step 3
- Add peppers, herbs, and garlic and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Step 4
- Add broccoli florets and asparagus and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Scoop mixture into 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
- Step 5
- Whip eggs with heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Pour over sausage and veggie mixture. Top with grated cheese and chopped parsley.
- Step 6
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Song for the Prep: Sunday Girl by Blondie