Oh yes to all of the cozy right now. All of the cozy you can find. This Boozy Brandied Hot Chocolate will knock your winter slippers off. No, keep them on. It’s still winter. But put some coconut oil on your feet and then put the slippers on. And then have a cozy drink (or two!).
Dessert drinks are fun to indulge with, especially if there is a splash of booze in them! You can use brandy, cognac, whiskey, rum; basically any dark colored booze will work. I make my own whipped cream… with a large metal bowl, a large whisk, and very cold heavy whipping cream. Massively impress anyone with that trick. No more whipped cream out of a spray can. Chant along with me: “I will never use crappy, tasteless, boring, lame, sad and lazy whipped cream out of a stupid nozzle.” YAY! You win the dessert category!
Seriously, when it’s too cold to have a boozy malt (which I very much miss about warm weather) this will make you forget all about it. Who needs a trip to Mexico or Belize? Ok I do. I’m going off topic again, here so here we go…
That pic is a dead giveaway to one of my favorite grocery stores….where you know the ingredients are all actual food. Trader Joe’s is the best. And the enormous hunk of love that you can find in their Pound Plus Belgian Milk Chocolate bar….I can’t even. Their sipping chocolate is decadent as hell. Don’t forget the cinnamon.
Cozy Boozy Brandied Hot Chocolate
- February 21, 2021
- 10 min
- Print this
- 1 C milk (I prefer almond milk)
- 1 T good quality cocoa
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 oz brandy
- 1 C freshly whipped cream
- 2 tsp sugar or 1 tsp stevia
- Grated chocolate flakes
- Step 1
- Whisk very cold whipping cream and sugar (or stevia) in a large bowl, with a large whisk, for about 5 minutes. Yes your arm will get tired but it is so worth it. When you see peaks that don’t fall from the whisk, you’re done.
- Step 2
- Pour (almond) milk into a mug. Add cocoa and cinnamon. Heat in microwave until it is very hot.
- Step 3
- Add a glug of brandy to your mug.
- Step 4
- Top with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Song for the Prep: You Sexy Thing by Hot Chocolate
Don’t tell anyone that I burnt my tongue on my Cozy Boozy Brandied Hot Chocolate….but it’s all better now listening to this song. I feel like I should go rollerskating.
Also, during Covid it’s a super good idea to have someone deliver your booze directly to your door! Drizly is my favorite because you only wait ONE hour. Not four.