This Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole is another favorite of mine, and I’m telling you I make this at least once a week. If you love mashed potatoes with the works, you are going to love this (without hurting your waistline!). Gotta fit into those skinny jeans right? Well even if you don’t care about how many starches you are pounding, this is super tasty. Super tasty. I love to serve this with burgers, and yeah, I don’t usually eat the bun either. I found this on a keto-friendly post, and I’ve made it so many times that I made it my own by adding a few different ingredients. Helps to have a good grater, I need to get one of those ASAP because I keep gashing my thumb on the tabletop cheese grater, pictured. However, the stand alone grater has a nifty container to catch the cheese so you can measure it. Or so you don’t get it all over the kitchen counter/floor. Also, this glass Pyrex pan comes with a handy lid, which is perfect for grabbing it out of the fridge to get another bowl of this stuff.
Cauliflower is the new craze apparently, and as much as I have read about cauliflower crust pizzas I’m here to tell you that this is a whole lot easier to make and just as satisfying. All of the starch in those “fake” pizzas really add up. Just look at the back of the boxes and you will see how many carbs you are really ingesting. But I digress, as usual.
I hope you try this recipe and share your thoughts too! How did you make it your own and what did you pair it with? If you are like me this is dinner many, many nights. All by itself. You got your veggies, your bacon (I mean meat), your cheese…what more could one want? Ok you probably want a burger to go with it too…or pork chops. Or stuffed chicken breasts. Those recipes are coming…blah blah let’s get to the recipe!
Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole ingredients:
Get all of the ingredients ready, because this one goes quick once the cauliflower comes out of the microwave.
The casserole ready to hit the oven:
Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- February 11, 2021
- 40 min
- Print this
- 1 huge head of cauliflower (or 2 small ones)
- 1 C grated white cheddar cheese, divided in half
- 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 T butter or ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 T oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 5 pieces cooked bacon
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2
- Wash and chop the cauliflower into little bits.
- Step 3
- Put the rest of the ingredients (minus bacon and 1/2 C white cheddar) into a large mixing bowl.
- Step 4
- Microwave the cauliflower for 4 minutes.
- Step 5
- Quickly add the cauliflower to the cheesy mixture and stir it up.
- Step 6
- Spread mixture into 9×13″ pan, sprinkle remaining grated cheddar cheese on top.
- Step 7
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Step 8
- Cook bacon, let cool,and then crumble.
- Step 9
- Remove from oven and sprinkle bacon bits on top.
- Step 10
Song for the Prep: Silly Love Songs by Wings
Honestly, this is in lieu of how much I love this recipe. You’d think that people would have had enough of cheesy cauliflower….I look around me and I see it isn’t so….(you’re welcome for the cheese~!)