These healthy turkey meatballs are easier to make than they look! Every time I make these they are an instant hit, and make great leftovers. You could serve these over pasta, but I try to limit my carbs so I prepared them over Zucchini Spirals with Julienned Peppers. This could not be more keto-friendly, and if that isn’t your deal well then it will make your belly happy! Definitely comfort food without the heaviness you get from eating a big pile of carbs. Don’t get me wrong though, I’d love to have these over spaghettini noodles but my pants wouldn’t fit. Yeah yeah put these meatballs on whatever you like….a big Italian sub, a salad, chick pea pasta, or eat them by themselves because they are THAT good.
Mix all of the ingredients in one bowl for easy cleanup:
What the mixture looks like with all of the ingredients:
Meatballs formed and starting to brown:
- February 6, 2021
- 1 hr
- Print this
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 16 oz bag frozen, chopped spinach (liquid squeezed out)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 T dried basil
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 C shredded mozzarella
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Step 2
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except for the last 3 ingredients.
- Step 3
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Step 4
- Mold turkey mixture into 2″ balls (approximately 14 meatballs).
- Step 5
- Sear on each side for about 4 minutes each, until browned.
- Step 6
- Place meatballs into 9×13″ glass pan and pour marinara sauce over them.
- Step 7
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Step 8
- Remove from oven, top with mozzarella, and bake 5 more minutes.
Song for the Prep: Fire Starter by L.A. Witch
…but don’t burn down your kitchen!